This warming salad is the perfect option for a healthy and satisfying autumn supper. Completely vegan and packed full of nutritious and seasonal autumnal vegetables, it is quick and easy to prepare. Perfectly balanced with sweet roasted pumpkin, earthy beetroot and puy lentils, sharp red onion, and fresh parsley. Find the recipe below.
Ingredients (serves 2):
1 squash (around 1kg before trimming)
250g pre-cooked puy lentils
100g pre-cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
A few sprigs of rosemary
6 cloves of garlic
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp vinegar
½ red onion thinly sliced
10g chopped parsley
Salt + pepper
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200C.
2. Trim the skin off the squash and dice into one inch cubes. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle over half the olive oil and the sprigs of rosemary. Scatter over the garlic cloves (left whole and unpeeled). Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until cooked.
3. Meanwhile, place the puy lentils into a bowl with the sliced red onion, beetroot wedges and chopped parsley.
4. Once the squash is cooked, add this to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Drizzle over the remaining olive oil, vinegar, and season again.
5. Mix thoroughly to combine all the ingredients and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
Total Fat 47.4g
Total Carbohydrate 52.3g
This recipe was created by Theo Michaels for David Lloyd Clubs.