Working out with a personal trainer is a great way of growing your confidence in the gym and reaching your fitness goals, whatever they might be. For those new to the gym, it’s an invaluable introduction to the world of fitness as you gain a thorough grounding in the basics of exercise technique, and what works best for your body. For those who have experience in the gym but have hit a plateau and aren’t seeing results, a personal trainer can set you back on course, injecting life, energy and direction into your regime, challenging your body and showing you new and exciting ways to work it.
Whatever your goal is – training for a specific event, losing weight, improving your mental health, or anything in between – a personal trainer is priceless in helping you put together a smart, effective training plan in line with your goals and abilities. They are also helpful in providing the motivation and encouragement needed to see you actually do it!
Whether you work with a trainer for a few sessions to set you on the right track, or over a period of months/years, you’ll learn vital skills and gain useful experience. Here at David Lloyds Clubs, our trainers are all professionally trained, extremely friendly, and willing to go that extra mile to help you on your fitness journey. With a flexible pricing plan, you can choose the best option for you, without being tied in.
Here’s what you need to know about using a personal trainer at David Lloyd Clubs:
Signing up to a personal trainer
- You can book your personal training sessions via the David Lloyd Clubs app.
- You can view trainer profiles on the app to help you choose your perfect trainer.
- All sessions are 45 minutes.
It’s easy to find a Personal Trainer that suits you. Our trainers will run through what you want to achieve and tailor a plan for you which will help you to reach your fitness goals.
The benefits of using a personal trainer at David Lloyds Clubs
- A personal trainer will ensure you get the maximum return from your gym membership, guaranteeing your time and effort produces effective results – in being shown the correct exercises, technique and schedule, you’ll achieve results much more effectively and quickly than when you do them by yourself.
- You’ll receive a bespoke, personalised programme tailored to your goals and your body’s needs and abilities i.e. an injury, disability, etc. Your programme will be entirely geared around you and what it is you want to achieve – there is no one-size fits all model. Your trainer will also tailor your sessions emotionally, as well as physically, working to motivate you in a way that suits you – whether it’s gently nudging or strongly encouraging.
- Your trainer will make sure your form and technique are correct, meaning you get the full impact of each move and, crucially, prevent yourself from sustaining an injury.
- If you’re unfamiliar with the gym, a trainer will be able to introduce you to all the different equipment (machines, weights, and more), showing you what you should using to achieve your goals, and how do so safely.
- Many of our members start to feel comfortable enough with their trainers that they like to talk about what’s happening in their lives. Our trainers want you to get the most out of your workout so if there’s something bothering you in your personal life, feel free to unload! It’s like an all-round, informal wellbeing session. That is only if that works for you though – you do whatever you feel comfortable with.
*What to expect in your induction
When you join David Lloyd Clubs, you’ll be invited along to a free gym induction where a trainer will show you the equipment and how to use it. They’ll get to know you a bit better and tailor the induction around your needs, which will depend on how familiar you are with gym equipment and what goals you want to achieve. Following this induction, they’ll then put a programme together for you and give you a monthly review.
Information provided by Katie McMillin, Personal Trainer at David Lloyd Hatfield.