This Thai inspired rice noodle dish is a bowl of sunshine great for any day of the year. Packed with nutritious vegetables, plenty of fresh herbs and the delightful aromatics of ginger, garlic, chilli and lemongrass, it provides all the nutrients needed for a super quick and healthy dinner. Delicious on its own as a vegetarian dish, it also works well with cooked prawns or sliced steak for an extra hit of protein.
Ingredients (Serves 1):
50g flat rice noodles
1 tbsp. vegetable oil
½ red onion, thinly sliced
3 tbsp. fresh coriander, chopped
3 tbsp. fresh mint, chopped
6 fresh Thai basil leaves, ripped
1 stick lemongrass, finely sliced
1 clove garlic, sliced
1-inch fresh ginger, chopped
Selection of vegetables, about a handful of each: beansprouts, mangetout, baby sweetcorn (cut in half lengthways), spinach leaves, spring onions sliced
Juice of 1 lime
3 tbsp. fish sauce
1 tsp brown sugar or honey
1 Bird’s eye chilli, finely sliced (optional)
1 tbsp. roasted peanuts, crushed
- Cook the noodles – soak the rice noodles in a bowl of just boiled water and cover for 10 minutes.
- Make the dressing – combine the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or cup and reserve.
- Stir-fry vegetables over a high heat- add the oil to a pan followed by the ginger, garlic and lemongrass and cook for 30 seconds before adding the rest of the vegetables. Stir fry for a couple of minutes before turning off the heat.
- Once the rice noodles have been in for 8-10 minutes, drain and add to the pan with the vegetables to combine all the ingredients.
- Finally, pour the dressing into the pan with the herbs, fold through to fully coat and serve.
Prep – 5 minutes
Cook – 10 minutes
Total – 15 minutes
Total Fat 4g
Total Carbohydrate 74 g
Protein 15 g
Discover more about your food and drink options at David Lloyd Clubs.
This recipe was created by Theo Michaels for David Lloyd Clubs.