An omelette is a great recipe to have in your repertoire – quick, easy and healthy, you can add any fillings you want! This combination of earthy shitake mushrooms with sharp feta and spinach is not only delicious but packs a healthy punch of protein, vitamin D and iron. While the recipe serves two, it’s best to make the omelettes individually.
Ingredients (serves 2):
Handful fresh shitake mushrooms, sliced
100g feta cheese
50g baby leaf spinach
Sriracha hot sauce
Nob of butter
- Lightly whisk the eggs in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Add half the mushrooms and a nob of butter to a non-stick frying pan. Fry for a couple of minutes on medium high heat, but don’t let the butter burn.
- Pour in half the whisked eggs and gyrate the pan to ensure the entire base is covered in eggs.
- As the edges of the eggs start to solidify, gently pull the edge of the eggs towards the centre of the pan and then tilt the pan to fill the void with more of the uncooked whisked eggs. Continue until the eggs are almost cooked.
- Roughly slice the spinach and lay a strip of spinach along one side of the eggs, follow this with half the feta crumbled along with the spinach.
- Gently fold the edges of the cooked eggs over the filling, before finally lifting the pan over a serving plate and rolling out the omelette onto the plate.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and crumbled feta along the top of the omelette. Finally drizzle with sriracha sauce.
Nutrition (per serving):
Total Fat 29.7g
Total Carbohydrate 7.8g
Discover more about your food and drink options at David Lloyd Clubs.