This spicy prawn ragu is deliciously warming and comforting – the ideal dish for a chilly winter’s evening. Seasoned with the fragrant Moroccan spice blend ras el hanout, the chickpea ragu is packed with flavour and zing, while chunky, juicy king prawns finish the dish off perfectly. Topped with chopped fresh parsley and a sprinkle of chilli flakes, this dish is healthy, hearty, and ready in no time at all.
Ingredients (serves 1):
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 tbsp. ras el hanout spice
1 red chilli, chopped
Pinch of brown sugar
240g cooked chickpeas (1 tin)
6 large king prawns
Fresh parsley chopped
Pinch of chilli flakes
- Heat the olive oil in a pan until hot. Pan fry the onions until soft. Add the sliced garlic and cook for another minute.
- Stir in the ras el hanout spice quickly followed by the chickpeas. Fry for a few minutes before adding the finely chopped red chillies, tomato passata, a pinch of brown sugar and some salt and pepper.
- Simmer the mixture for five minutes before adding the prawns.
- Cook for another five minutes or until the prawns have turned pink and are cooked through (add a splash of water if the sauce thickens too much).
- Pour into a serving dish and garnish with a pinch of chilli flakes and some chopped parsley.
Nutrition (per serving):
Total Fat 30.6
Total Carbohydrate 79.3
Discover more about your food and drink options at David Lloyd Clubs.
This recipe was created by Theo Michaels for David Lloyd Clubs.