This Hawaiian inspired poke dish (pronounced poh-keh) is not only healthy, but bursting with delicious flavours and textures. Fresh, raw vegetables and fragrant herbs lie on a bed of giant couscous, topped with deliciously sweet and sticky marmalade glazed tuna steak. Packed with nutrients, it is incredibly simple to make and on the table in 10 minutes.
Ingredients (Serves 1):
1 sustainably sourced tuna steak (approx. 250g)
2 tablespoons marmalade
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup giant couscous
½ stock cube (optional)
2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
1 avocado, sliced
2 tablespoons carrot, grated
2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
2 spring onions, cut in half
1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Pinch sesame seeds
Salt and pepper (optional)
You will need:
- 1 non-stick griddle (or frying pan)
- Cook the couscous in a pot of simmering water for 8 minutes (add a stock cube for extra flavour if preferred).
- Mix the marmalade with half the lemon juice and spoon over the tuna steak to glaze.
- Cook the tuna steak on a smoking hot griddle pan for 1 minute each side (you can cook the spring onions at the same time). Remove the tuna and let it rest for 1 minute before slicing into cubes.
- Drain the couscous once cooked; add the red onion and most of the chopped coriander (reserving some for garnish). Pour into a serving bowl.
- Top the couscous with the carrot, avocado, spring onions, pomegranate seeds and the cubes of tuna. Leave these in groups rather than mixing together.
- Sprinkle over the remaining coriander and mint, a drizzle of soy sauce, a pinch of sesame seeds and seasoning, and the remaining lemon juice. Enjoy!
Prep – 10 minutes
Cook – 10 minutes
Total – 20 minutes
- Calories 748 per serving.
- Fat 18g
- Protein 63g
- Carbohydrate 82g
Discover more about your food and drink options at David Lloyd Clubs.
This recipe was created by Theo Michaels for David Lloyd Clubs.