This delicious Greek-inspired lamb dish is light, fresh and full of flavour. Tender, marinated strips of lamb steak sit on a bed of mashed peas, crumbled feta and mint. The smoky, charred lamb is brilliantly complemented by the combination of sweet peas, fresh mint and salty feta, while the lemon juice, chilli flakes, oregano and garlic add an extra kick of flavour. Simple, tasty, and ready in 15 minutes.
Ingredients (serves 1):
250g lamb leg steaks
1 cup frozen peas
1 clove garlic
Pinch of dried chilli flakes
2 pinches of dried oregano
Handful of fresh mint
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp. English mustard
- Begin by marinating the lamb leg steaks. In a bowl, add a squeeze of lemon juice, pinch of oregano, tbsp. of mustard, a drizzle of olive oil, a few twists of pepper and pepper, and a crushed clove of garlic. Mix together and drizzle over the lamb. Leave to marinade for a few minutes.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Once boiling, add the peas and leave to cook for a few minutes.
- While your peas are boiling, heat a pan until very hot and add your lamb steaks. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until charred, flipping the meat half way through. Remove from the pan and leave to rest.
- Drain your peas and mash lightly with a potato masher/fork. Add a pinch of oregano, a pinch of chilli flakes, a squeeze of lemon, a twist of salt and pepper, some chopped mint, a splash of olive oil, and the crumbled feta to the mixture. Mix all the ingredients together.
- Spoon your peas onto the plate to create a bed. Top with the sliced lamb.
- Serve and enjoy!
Total Fat 39.3g
Total Carbohydrate 19.6g
This recipe was created by Theo Michaels for David Lloyd Clubs.