This tasty and easy dish is perfect for a quick, healthy mid-week dinner. Tender, grilled garlic-lemon marinated chicken breast sits on a bed of fluffy couscous and brilliantly colourful and sweet honey glazed rainbow carrots. Delicious and perfectly balanced, it provides a healthy balance of veggies, carbs and protein.
Ingredients (serves 1):
1 large chicken breast cut in half lengthways
Bunch of rainbow carrots
1 clove garlic
Few pinches dried oregano
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp cider vinegar
2 tbsp honey
Drizzle of olive oil
1 cup couscous
- Place the couscous into a bowl and pour over boiling water until the couscous rests about 1 cm below the surface of the water. Cover with cling film and leave.
- Crush the garlic and mix with the juice of half a lemon, a pinch of oregano and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Wash the carrots and slice in half lengthways leaving a little of the stalk on if possible (leave the skin on). Mix the carrots with a drizzle of honey, olive oil, cider vinegar, seasoning and cumin seeds. Roast in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes at 200C FAN.
- While the carrots are cooking, shake off the excess liquid from the chicken breasts and cook in a hot griddle for four to five minutes each side or until cooked through.
- Place the carrots on a serving dish. Remove the cling film from the couscous and pour it into the tray the carrots cooked in. Swirl the couscous around in the tray to soak up any leftover juices and cumin seeds before tipping into a serving dish next to the carrots.
- Finally, slice the chicken breast into three. Place on top of the couscous and serve.
Nutrition (per serving):
Total Fat 18.14g
Total Carbohydrate 89.85g
Discover more about your food and drink options at David Lloyd Clubs.