Fragrant & delicious, this French-Indian-Italian fusion dish is the perfect warmer on a chilly winter evening. It is incredibly easy to make and takes no time at all to prepare. Plus, the ingredients can easily be scaled up to cater for any number of people.
Cooking en papillote (in paper), keeps all of the delicious flavours and aromas locked in to make each bundle of “food love” irresistible. Fresh vegetables, melt-in-your-mouth gnocchi and perfectly cooked chicken, all drawn together with a creamy curry sauce – a marriage made in heaven!
Ingredients (Serves 1):
3 slices of courgette (80g)
3 slices of red onion
3 slices of tomato (70g)
2 garlic cloves, sliced
Thumb sized piece of ginger, grated or finely chopped
1 chicken breast, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons medium curry powder
Handful of spinach (20g)
Handful of dried gnocchi (100g)
Handful of frozen peas (20g)
4-5 fresh basil leaves
6 tablespoons coconut milk
2 tablespoons water (or wine)
Drizzle of olive oil
For the garnish (optional):
Handful of fresh coriander
Juice of half a lime
1 fresh red chilli
You will need:
- 1 sheet baking parchment about 18inx18in (foil will also work)
- 1ft of natural string
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C fan/200°C non-fan.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the parchment. Layer the vegetables, starting with the spinach, followed by the courgette, onion and tomato (sandwich each layer with the garlic, ginger and a pinch of curry powder for added punch). Finish by sprinkling a handful of gnocchi.
- Sprinkle the remaining curry powder onto the chicken and then place on top. Add a fresh basil leaf between each slice and finish by spooning over the coconut milk and finally the frozen peas.
- Bring the corners of the paper together trying to ensure there are no gaps and secure the neck with the string.
- Place your parcel on the middle of a baking tray and put in the pre-heated oven for 30 minutes. Once done, let the parcel rest in a bowl for a few minutes before untying the string and opening.
- Garnish with chopped coriander, lime and chilli – that’s it! You can enjoy this one straight out of the paper!
Prep – 10 minutes
Cook – 30 minutes
Total – 40 minutes
- Calories 692.5 per serving.
- Fat 11.1g
- Protein 70.3g
- Carbohydrate 65.1g
Discover more about your food and drink options at David Lloyd Clubs.
This recipe was created by Theo Michaels for David Lloyd Clubs.