This Christmas-inspired warm turkey salad packs a punch with festive flavours, while remaining light and zingy. Lean, pan-fried turkey smothered in lusciously sweet and sticky cranberry glaze, perched on a bed of simply cooked fragrant greens and quinoa. You could also try this dish with your Christmas leftovers for a light and nutritious meal.
Ingredients (Serves 1):
1 turkey-breast steak (about 150g)
Pinch of allspice
4 tablespoons of cranberry sauce
Dash of lemon juice
1 tablespoon of honey
Splash of water
6 brussel sprouts, shredded
3 leaves of cavolo nero, shredded
Handful of petit pois
Splash of white wine
Small knob of butter
Handful of pre-cooked quinoa
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 clove of garlic, sliced
Almond slices for garnish
- Make the glaze by mixing together the cranberry sauce, honey, lemon juice and a splash of water. Put this to one side.
- Season the turkey-breast steak with a pinch of allspice and salt/pepper and fry in half the olive oil for about 3 minutes each side. Just as it finishes cooking, add the glaze to the pan and reduce until thick and baste over the turkey. Remove from the heat and reserve.
- In a separate pan, add the remaining olive oil and sauté the garlic for a minute before adding the brussel sprouts, cavolo nero and the petit pois. After a couple of minutes add a splash of white wine and reduce until the wine is almost gone. Remove from the heat, add the pre-cooked quinoa and butter and stir through before finishing with a scattering of almonds.
- Place the warm Christmas salad onto a plate and top with the turkey breast; pour over any remaining sauce from the pan.
Prep – 8 minutes
Cook – 12 minutes
Total – 20 minutes
- Calories 659 per serving.
- Fat 15g
- Protein 59g
- Carbohydrate 61g
Discover more about your food and drink options at David Lloyd Clubs.
This recipe was created by Theo Michaels for David Lloyd Clubs.