This delicious recipe is a fresh twist on the classic Chicken Kiev. Beautiful cod loin is stuffed with a parsley garlic butter, roasted in breadcrumbs in the oven, and served alongside crispy, crushed new potatoes and green beans.
Ingredients (serves 2):
2 x 250g cod loin (not fillet)
1 packet breadcrumbs
4 cloves garlic
4 tbsp chopped parsley
Plain flour (for dusting)
1 litre vegetable oil (if deep frying)
- First, make your garlic butter. Crush the garlic with the side of a knife and mix with about 100g of softened butter. Season and fold through the parsley. Place the mixture onto a sheet of cling film and roll into a sausage shape. Place in the freezer.
- Get 3 bowls out. Add plain flour to the first one, two whisked eggs and a splash of water to the second, and breadcrumbs to the third.
- Place the cod loin on a work surface and use a sharp knife to cut a pocket in one side ensuring you don’t cut all the way through.
- Take the butter out of the freezer. Cut a chunk off (about a bite size piece) and stuff inside the cod pocket. Do the same with the other loin.
- Roll the cod in the flour, then the egg wash, and finally, the breadcrumbs. Place on a baking tray (if I’m being honest, I prefer the taste of these when they’re deep fried in hot oil for about five minutes before being placed in the oven for 8 minutes.) If you’d rather not deep fry, simply place both pieces of cod on a baking tray in a pre-heated oven for 18 minutes.
- Serve with crushed new potatoes and fine beans.
Nutrition (per serving):
Total Fat 32.4 g
Total Carbohydrate 41.7g
Discover more about your food and drink options at David Lloyd Clubs.