At David Lloyd Clubs, we’ve been working hard to ensure that as soon as we got the green light to fully re-open our Clubs, we were able to do so. Following the recent government announcement, we’re delighted that our Clubs in England reopened on 25th July.
Since our Clubs closed their doors earlier this year, our teams have been adapting to ensure we’ve remained dedicated to your health and wellbeing, whether via our comprehensive range of Live and On-Demand @home workouts, or more recently by setting up a brand-new outdoor fitness programme so you have been able to take the first steps back to fitness at our Clubs.
Below, we’ve tried to answer some common questions that you might have around how our gyms will reopen.
How are you making plans?
Since the outset of the Coronavirus pandemic and throughout the period of lockdown, we’ve closely monitored government guidelines, whilst seeking expert advice from industry body UKActive, to ensure the safety of our members and team members is not compromised.
These sources will continue to inform the decisions we make moving forwards, guiding us towards providing a safe and complete Club experience. Click here to view our reopening plans.
What is open now?
Outdoor training, kids activities & tennis
Following a change in government advice which permitted small gatherings and the reopening of outdoor training facilities, over half of our Clubs have been able to make the most of the outdoor space which surrounds the main Club building. By utilising areas such as tennis courts and poolside spaces, we now provide a unique outdoor training experience, with everything from group cycling classes and Blaze to yoga and kids activities. Our outdoor tennis courts have also reopened, giving the whole family the opportunity to get back on court and enjoy the tennis season.
Interested in getting involved and becoming a member? Find your local club and join here.
What about pools, gyms and indoor facilities?
Our spacious gyms, high-quality swimming pools and numerous other indoor facilities are all integral parts of our Clubs, and all reopened in England on 25th July.
We’re implementing a number of plans and procedural changes to allow us to safely reopen these facilities to members. The safety of our team members and members remains our number one priority, and while things won’t be quite the same, our Clubs still provide a premium workout experience.
For example, we are reducing our fitness class sizes, and our gyms will be rearranged and clearly marked to allow for social distancing. But don’t worry, we’ll still be running a variety of classes and our gyms and temporary, additonal gym spaces mean we have plenty of room to remain fully stocked with all the kit you’ll need.
How are you ensuring social distancing takes place?
We’re working with members and team members to provide a safe environment to train in, whilst maintaining social distancing. As a minimum, we will be doing the following:
- We’re asking members and team members to remain the required distance apart at all times, in line with current social distancing guidelines.
- We’re creating workout areas of 3m x 3m to give members the space to safely enjoy a workout.
- We’re limiting bookings for group exercise classes.
- We’re reducing the number of members in certain areas of the Club at any one time to minimise congestion and ensure members and team members can maintain social distancing.
- We’ave introduced plastic screens to reception desks to protect both members and our team members.
- We’re using signage, including clear floor markings to help members to remain apart, and team members will be on hand throughout our Clubs to support.
How are you keeping Clubs clean?
We’ve enhanced our cleaning methods and increased the frequency of our cleaning to make sure that our Clubs are as hygienic as possible. Our new cleaning procedures include:
- All cleaning is carried out with a fully viricidal disinfectant cleaner, certified to kill enveloped viruses within 60 seconds.
- We’ve increased the number of cleaning staff we employ, allowing us to increase the volume and frequency of cleaning across the Club.
- We’ve introduced sanitisation stations across our Clubs and have increased the amount of sanitiser spray and blue paper available to members to wipe down and clean equipment.
- We’ve introduced extra time between classes and court bookings to allow us to fully clean all touchpoints ahead of the following class, as well as to provide adequate time to ensure social distancing can take place.
- All team members will be responsible for cleaning and sanitising around the Club and have been fully trained to understand the standards required.
To help protect everyone we’ll also be asking the following of our members:
Please do not come to the Club if you feel unwell.
Wash hands frequently.
Let us know if you or anyone in your household develop Covid-19 symptoms.
Wipe down equipment with the sanitiser provided before and after use.
Do not remove cleaning materials/hand sanitiser from the Club.