As a former Scottish international tennis player and Scottish National Coach, Judy Murray is definitely an inspirational woman. Not to mention the fact she raised two Grand-Slam-winning sons, Jamie and Andy!
As Judy’s new book ‘Knowing The Score: My Family and Our Tennis Story‘ hits the shelves, we’ve picked some of our favourite quotes from the book to share. Whether you’re just looking for a little bit of motivation, or you’ve got children who love tennis and you want to know how to help them progress, you’ll love these quotes. After all, there’s nothing quite like a few inspirational quotes to encourage us. Take a look…
Five inspirational quotes
1. Children learn by example. They are inspired by what they see.
2. Kids don’t want to ‘go to a lesson’ or listen to a biomechanical breakdown of strokes, they want to play games, especially ones that reward them with sweets at the end.
3. Ambition was – and still is – nothing to apologise for.
4. Not for the first time, I realised that where I saw an opportunity for something, other people saw hurdles and complications. I knew it probably wasn’t going to happen unless I got up and did something about it.
5. But, opportunity can be found in everything.
‘Knowing The Score: My Family and Our Tennis Story’ by Judy Murray is now available to buy online.