The first full moon of the year (in 2021, Thursday 28th January), is known in many cultures as the Full Wolf Moon.
Each full moon symbolises a monthly opportunity to cleanse your mind, body, and soul. It’s a perfect time for setting new intentions and also for releasing negative thoughts, feelings, and emotions that are no longer serving us.
The Wolf Moon also gives an opportunity to reach out to loved ones to deepen your bond with them and to plan out ways to achieve your goals for the upcoming year.
Setting intentions is a powerful tool for helping us to achieve happiness and fulfilment. Intentions allow us to live in the present moment and clearly focus on our goals and visions. Without an intention, it is easy to get lost, similarly to driving in a car with no end destination! Given the current situation, ensuring you have clear intentions and a purpose to your thoughts and actions is more important than ever.
Our top tips for writing your intentions are:
- The best time to plan your intentions is during the period after meditation, this state encourages a quiet, focussed field of possibilities.
- Make sure you affirm what you want rather than what you don’t want.
- Write your intentions in the present tense.
- Practice gratitude in conjunction with your intentions.
- Focus on the feeling achieving your intentions would bring.
- Stay centred and let go of trying to work out timings or details. Your intentions will bloom when the time is right.
Enjoy a live session
During the session, wellness and meditation expert Carlie guides you through a 15 minute cleansing and healing meditation to provide you with a sense of peace and calm.
Carlie will help you to release any negative thoughts and feelings and support you in creating a space to set intentions for the month ahead.
Here are our top tips for the session:
Create a calm space
Find yourself a dark, uninterrupted space. You can include candles, incense or sage and get comfy with cushions and blankets.
Write it down
After the meditation you’ll get the opportunity to reflect on the past few weeks, noting any challenges and successes you have experienced.
Release and Declare
Once you’ve clarified, you’ll have the opportunity to let go of the things that are no longer serving you and set your intentions for the month ahead.
David Lloyd Clubs members can enjoy a range of workouts, games, quizzes, challenges, and exclusive offers via the David Lloyd Clubs app.